NEITH

NEITH

In spring of 2014 Taylor and Snediker Yacht Restoration relaunched NEITH, a Flush Deck Cutter built in 1907 by Herreshoff Mfg Co. Rather than a comprehensive restoration, this work was the continuation of the ongoing commitment of the family which has owned her for over 30 years. Nearly everything from the sheer planks up was replaced, her sheer line was restored to original specifications, the strength of the hull was improved with new structural upgrades and replacement of any degraded structure, including the stem and several frame pairs. NEITH was awarded “Best Restoration” at the 2014 IYRS & Museum of Yachting Regatta and “Judges Choice” by the 2014 WoodenBoat Show at Mystic Seaport. In 2015 NEITH won several awards at the Mystic Seaport Antique and Classic Boat Rendezvous including, Best Restored Sail Award (in the 46’ and over category), “Grundy Insurance BRILLIANT Boat Award”, Centennial Society Award honoring vessels over 100 years old.

ARION

ARION

A major restoration has been completed on ARION, the first fiberglass auxiliary sailing yacht built in the United States. She was designed by Sidney Herreshoff to be built in fiberglass. In spite of the use of such modern material, she was designed by first being half-hull modeled, and her offsets taken on N.G.Herreshoff’s model measuring machine. She was built by Bill Dyer at The Anchorage Inc., in Warren Rhode Island in 1951. Her restoration includes modifications to accommodate family cruising while maintaining racing ability. Elements of the work include hull restoration, a new galley and interior, new systems and engine, a new teak deck house and fabrication of new 1950’s era bronze hardware.

Moto scafi INTERMEZZO was built in Murano, Italy in 1961 and worked the canals for 40 years as a water taxi until brought to the US as a private launch. The restoration carefully preserved as much original structure and patina as possible. Powered by MerCruiser 6.2 liter V8 gasoline engine she has a top speed of 37 mph. Amenities include power windows, bow thruster and air conditioning. LOA 30' Beam 7'6" Draft 3'

RUNE, the 39' yawl designed by K. Aage Neilson and built by Paul Luke in 1955, left our shop after extensive refurbishment.

Mfg Co Hull #402 a 1887 Cat Yawl designed and owned by NG Herreshoff restored by Snediker Yacht Restoration

The 59' 11'' power yacht designed and built by N.G. Herreshoff in 1909 is back at Snediker Yacht Restoration for some TLC.

IMP and COQUETTE are replicas of COQUINA day-sailer HMCo #404, built in 1889 (LOA 16'8", LWL 15'9") and NGH's most used boat.

A replica of MUSEKETAQUID built for the Concord Museum, the original of which was built by Henry and John Thoreau Jr and depicted in "A Week on the Concord".